- DxEnterprise 15.0
- DxEnterprise 15.5
- DxEnterprise 16.0
- DxEnterprise 17.0 for Windows
- DxEnterprise 17.5 for Windows
- Microsoft SQL Server
Configuring Reporting Services in a scale-out deployment with a DxEnterprise managed virtual instance.
The configuration is the same as without DxEnterprise installed, except that the Report Server database is attached to a managed Vhost\Instance. Please see the following Microsoft TechNet article for more information on how to install a Report Server Scale-out Deployment:
In this example we will be using the following cluster configuration:
- Virtual Host Name: VSQL4
- Reporting Services instance name: SSRS
- Managed Instance Name: INST4
- Report Server Database Name: ReportServer
- Node Names: Node1-W2K8R2, Node2-W2K12 and Node3-W2K12R2
- Install Reporting Services instance to the nodes in which you wish it to run (this can be done through the DxAdmin Application Installer).
- Run Reporting Services Configuration Manager on one node.
- Connect to the first node.
NOTE: All configuration options may be left at the default values unless otherwise mentioned below. You may also modify them if desired, but it is not necessary in order for scale-out to function within a DxEnterprise cluster.
- Select "Database". Under "Current Report Server Database" select "Change Database".
- Select whether to create a new Reporting Services database or choose an existing database. Click "Next"
- Enter the managed <Vhost>\<Instance> and supply the connection credentials. It is recommended to use a Domain Account or SQL Server credentials for continuity on rehost or failover. Click "Next"
- Select or create the desired Report Server Database. Click "Next"
- Configure the desired Report Server database credentials. Again, it is recommended to use a Domain Account or SQL Server credentials for continuity on rehost or failover. Click "Next"
- Review the summary information. Click "Next"
- If all configuration steps report "Success", click "Finish"
- Complete any remaining configuration steps (optional)
- Click "Exit"
- Follow the Microsoft procedure to configure the remaining servers to connect to the same Report Server database and add them to the Scale-out Deployment.
- Scale-out deployment is now complete.
- When connecting to the Report Manager or Report Server URL, make sure to specify the VHost name instead of the physical server name.
NOTE: It is highly recommended to leave the Web Services URL IP Address set to "All Assigned" so that the VHost name or IP address is always available to connect to the Report Server site.
- If desired, you may also add the SQL Server Reporting Services service to the VHost and set a dependency to the instance where the Report Server database is located to ensure that the service is only active on the same node as the Report Server database.