- DxEnterprise 15.0
- DxEnterprise 15.5
- DxEnterprise 16.0
- DxEnterprise 17.0
- Microsoft SQL Server
How to change the default database locations (Data, Log, Backup) for a virtualized instance with DxEnterprise.
Here is the recommended procedure:
- Connect to the virtual instance through Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (<VHost>\<Instance>).
- Right-click on the instance under Object Explorer in the left-hand pane and select "Properties".
- Select "Database Settings"
- Under "Default database locations" set the desired locations for Data, Log and Backup.
- You will need to ensure that this path is located on a volume within the disk group assigned to the VHost.
- Click "OK"
- Restart the instance using one of these methods:
- Rehost the instance to another node (right-click on a node and select "Start hosting on node").
- Right-click on the instance and select “Stop managing an instance”, once complete, then right-click the instance and select “Start managing an instance”. This method keeps the instance on the same node.