These are the things you need to be aware of when using DxTransfer to migrate instances of Microsoft SQL Server.
- If SQL Mail was setup on your source instance, then you will need to setup and grant the needed users mail role in msdb on the target instance.
- Verify the accounts used on linked servers. Modify linked servers using the correct username and password for the connections on the target instance.
- Check to see which users have what server level roles (sysadmin, securityadmin, etc). DxTransfer does not copy server roles.
- Enable adhoc query and xp_cmdshell setting as needed.
- Verify jobs were migrated successfully. If not, then script out the missing jobs from the source instance and run them on the target instance.
- Verify max memory settings on the target instance as needed.
- Setup backup and database maintenance plans as needed on the target instance.
- Verify if there are any special users that have permission in the master or msdb database on the source instance. If so, they will need to be added to the target instance.
- If there are special objects created in master and msdb database (like stored procedures) on the source instance, then they will need to be recreated on the target instance.
- Microsoft SQL Server